Graham Street Baptist Chapel – Mount Zion Buildings

In connection with the removal of the Graham Street Baptist Church to Handsworth, it is announced that after Oct 20th 1913, the Mount Zion Chapel buildings will be closed for religious purposes. On and More...

by admin | Published 3 years ago

New book How Birmingham was the World Centre of Steel Pen Nib Manufacturing

A new book written by Sutton Coldfield historian Brian Jones and volunteers at Birmingham’s Pen Museum highlights the crucial role More...

Kaye House – Home of Charles Edge: Architect

1800-1867 Kaye House, a very large house overlooking the Warstone Lane Cemetery Catacombs was the home of Charles Edge (Architect). More...

‘Sizzle’ – Henry Palethorpe

Henry Palethorpe The Birmingham General Cemetery (Key Hill) – K 466 Born 1829 in the Black Country. Died March 27th 1880. ‘In More...

General Grant’s Visit to Birmingham, and the Jewellery Quarter

(17th October 1887). by Marie Haddleton Jewellery Quarter Heritage When the Ex-president of the United States honoured Birmingham More...

Councillor Walker – ‘Blue Brick Walker’

Birmingham Post May 1871, Researched by Colin Giles on behalf of Jewellery Quarter Heritage. ‘A vacancy is caused in the representation More...

Kenyon Street Police Station

(Researched by Marie E Haddleton and Sergeant Gordon Tracey) (Published here click to see extra comments) Kenyon Street Police station More...

Looking Back to The Day Trip From Hockley

First published in The Hockley Flyer February 1 2011 Nigel Grice of Ritz Jewellery brought the following two wonderful photos into More...

Goodbye, St. Paul’s School – from a Souvenir Booklet

St. Paul’s school log since demolished stood on the corner or Warstone lane and Spencer Street A Souvenir of St. Paul’s More...

New book How Birmingham was the World Centre of Steel Pen Nib Manufacturing

A new book written by Sutton Coldfield historian Brian Jones and volunteers at Birmingham’s Pen Museum highlights the crucial role of women in making Birmingham the global centre More...

Plans Submitted for New Birmingham Assay Office

The Birmingham Assay Office is pleased to announce the submission of a planning application for Project Gateway, its scheme to create a new bespoke building in the Jewellery More...

School Children Return to the Jewellery Quarter

Story Marie Haddleton, Jewellery Quarter Heritage History is like a ‘wheel’ and what goes around comes around. This has been especially true with the Jewellery Quarter. The More...

Graham Street Baptist Chapel – Mount Zion Buildings

In connection with the removal of the Graham Street Baptist Church to Handsworth, it is announced that after Oct 20th 1913, the Mount Zion Chapel buildings will be closed for religious More...

Robbery of Jewellery

Published by Birmingham Mercury 5th June 1886 A portion of the jewellery stolen from Mr. Lucas, of the firm of Acott, Payton, and Co., Vyse Street, Birmingham, was discovered More...

The Hockley Two-Stroke

Hockley Hockley was a motorcycle produced from 1914 to 1916 by a firm in Barr Street, Birmingham. In the December of 1914, More...

Kettles and Motorcycles

First printed in The Hockley Flyer December 22 2009 Many of you will be fascinated to share this email we received More...

Kenyon Street Police Station

(Researched by Marie E Haddleton and Sergeant Gordon Tracey) (Published here click to see extra comments)...

Looking Back to The Day Trip From Hockley

First published in The Hockley Flyer February 1 2011 Nigel Grice of Ritz Jewellery brought the...

Goodbye, St. Paul’s School – from a Souvenir Booklet

A Souvenir of St. Paul’s School, Spencer Street, Birmingham, closed 1968, by G. M. S. Badley,...

Graham Street Baptist Chapel – Mount Zion Buildings

In connection with the removal of the Graham Street Baptist Church to Handsworth, it is announced that after More...

Kaye House – Home of Charles Edge: Architect

1800-1867 Kaye House, a very large house overlooking the Warstone Lane Cemetery Catacombs was the home of Charles Edge (Architect). The..

The Jewellers Arms – Oldest Pub in the Quarter?

Published in: The Birmingham Echo. 10 April 1910. The Jewellers Arms is the oldest licensed house In the Hockley District, being..

John Goode & Sons, Established 1830

Gold Chain Manufacturers and Goldsmiths, Quality Works, Gt. Hampton Street, BIRMINGHAM. Taken from a company More...

The Jewellers Arms – Oldest Pub in the Quarter?

Published in: The Birmingham Echo. 10 April 1910. The Jewellers Arms is the oldest licensed house In the Hockley District, being..

HSBC Bank (formerly The Midland Bank)

The HSBC Bank is on the corner of Warstone Lane/Vyse Street. This bank was originally the Midland Bank and the present..

General Grant’s Visit to Birmingham, and the Jewellery Quarter

(17th October 1887). by Marie Haddleton Jewellery Quarter Heritage When the Ex-president of the United States honoured Birmingham with his presence, the Municipal..

Revd Edward H. Manning

 (Key Hill – K 526) This one is slightly different – I have included a short introduction to The Rev’d Edward..

John Postgate FRCS

This Brief Biography is by John R Postgate, an un-sung hero who campaigned against the widespread practice of mixing food with..

Users Online

Users: 1 Guest

Website security